Saturday, July 18, 2009

First Blog Entry

It has been exactly three weeks since we have moved to the Ozarks. Not before we moved here did I ever really realize what the "Ozarks" actually were, 'nore did I ever care. I had to google my way around this area. All I knew was that this was our 11 move in 9 1/5 years of marriage. It has been a tumultuous road traveled through gravel, dirt and stone. My husband and I have a very "dynamic" relationship as I like to confer. We take it a day at a time and yet what I realize is the following... we are meant for each other, he is truly the "love of my life", and there is no other person I'd rather grow old with. Kohls sells these fantastic Vinyl murals you can stick on your walls, and I found the perfect cliche for us...."Just one Lifetime won't be enough for us". Anyone that actually knows Mike and I can vouch we are truly a unique couple, but we will absolutely stand the test of time. His company has moved us all over the United States. That didn't justify our time together for the first three years of marriage that we actually held 5 addresses within the first three years. Its a long complicated story, but it truly has a fairy tale ending.

For now I am going to say that Arkansas is not the place I envisioned myself raising children and growing old, and I'm not going to say it is our final destination. Only God knows that, and it seems his plan for us is also" Dynamic".

So for now: Things I will touch upon: Population of current town: less then 50,00.
Grocery Store: Wal-mart
Things I see at Wal-mart: Oh boy this could go on for hours!
Things I miss about the city: The little Chinese people that give great pedicures for really cheap! And WINE!! At TARGET!!!!

Something I took for granted: Traffic, Stop signs, signs of life!

Places we've been since we moved to the Ozarks: Missouri, and Oklahoma!

People I've met that make me want to throw up b/c they are so nice:.....this is endless. Everyone that speaks to me my automatic reaction is that they have a hidden agenda!, want to kidnap my children, or me, or that they just know I don't fit in!

Wine, I miss my wine! I live in a dry county. Didn't know what that meant until I moved here. Yes, you actually have to sign a book every time you enter an establishment that serves liquor, it's like a membership thing, but apparently you can sign "John Do" and no one is the wiser!
I called Target and Walmart in another city to see if they sold wine and a woman rudely told me to go to Liquor store. She must've been Baptist. If she were Catholic, esp. Italian or Irish she'd direct me to the closest Liquor store to my location.

Everyone here is either ridiculously skinny and pregnant or ridiculously overweight! Now anyone that knows me knows my weight issues so I speak about this in confidence! But, c'mon people, seriously, do you have to be soooooooooooooooo cliche?

When I go to the Book store, or any store I actually see one of two kinds of people....
1. The woman whose husband makes a lot of money and she is dripping in everything "designer"!
2. The woman whose husband works at local "store" and she is dripping in everything "Wholesale"!

True story I swear: I walk into the Coach store and in walks a girl with a designer dress, a "Coach headband", "Coach" watch, "coach" purse and showing off her "new" diamond that she just had reset at he the "new" jewelry store that opened in the mall. As the associates (her friends, obviously) are "ooohing and "aaahing".


Fast forward to three weeks later and my computer is broken and we have to drive to another STATE to go to an Apple store to get it fixed. My wonderful Husband decides to surprise me with a Dinner at my all time favorite restaurant, "The Melting Pot". Feeding the children cheese, bread and water at this point sounds heavenly as I devour my Fondue!

The ride home we decide to play car games and my 3 year old is frustrated because he doesn't understand the concept of "I SPY". So my Hubby and I joke around about intimate things when we get home and our 11 month old is passed out in the back seat and the 3 year old decides it's more fun to count cows in the plethora of cow pastures we pass on the way home!

This is no means a complaint!

I am absolutely trying to let you all know what it's like to take the girl out of the city and put her in the prairie!
(to be continued)...




No comments:

Post a Comment