Sunday, January 9, 2011

It been awhile....

I realize that once I start something it's quite often left by the wayside. As I write this, my husband is complaining because he's been blogging, in journal form, for the last 8 days, as a quest to document our life for our children. It's something we started to do when Landon was in the womb. We got through his first year of life and never wrote in it since. Sad, I know. Zachary, officially got about three pages, and now I can't even find his journal. So, we aren't the best parents ever, but we try!

So he wants to be the only "blogger" in the family. Funny. What I keep trying to tell him are that my blogs consist of what life is like here in Arkansas. So let the war of the blogs begin....

(hee-hee. this is why I love my husband so much, we have silly little battles to keep our life fun and light....)

What's new in AR?

Point 1: Word is spreading like wildfire that we are having a little girl. This has become an embarrassing situation, as Landon for the past two months has been telling everyone that he's getting a baby sister named Molly and can't wait for her to get here.

I AM NOT PREGNANT!! But, my little 5 year old boy has been praying to Jesus every night to bring him a little sister, and can't understand why she just isn't here yet. Needless to say, when he talks to people, it's already a done deal, and so here come the snarls and stares from everyone wondering. Esp. now that I quit smoking, and was going through a detox from drinking my wine from the holidays, everyone noticed.... and all I am trying to accomplish is losing some holiday weight and cleansing....

This of course poses the question, that maybe baby Lawson #3 might be up for discussion....not now...but at least the ice is broken, and we don't have the heart to break the heart of our 5 year old kid at the moment. Esp, when he prays for "Molly" every night.... melts my heart, but I am still weary of having three kids under the age of 6 living in this house at the moment. It's a bit chaotic already....as I always say, God has a plan, so my new attitude is to roll with it.

Point 2: Since I have quit my job, I have branched out and freelancing has become quite a wonderful opportunity for me. I have been in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette Newspaper TWICE for both projects I have worked on, and now I have a second call back for a play on Monday for a community theatre.

I actually got a call from the director to "please come and audition", and I almost felt as if I had been bold enough to request a lead, it would've been granted, but there were some pretty great gals at the rehearsal, and quite honestly, I am trying to figure out if I have the time to fit this into my crazy schedule right now at all. I never thought there'd be a day when I was considering turing down roles. But, that day has arrived, and I am very conflicted. I haven't acted in quite some time, but again, it's time consuming and I've got a family to consider here, as I just left them for three weeks in December for the last show I did, and now once a month, doing it again to them....just things to ponder....

I have been so busy since I quite working, so much for that "staying home thing". I have been working more hours then when I was actually working, and most of it's volunteer, so if now we can find some work that we can put a paycheck to, that would be great....

Leading to Point 3: I DISLIKE car shopping in Arkansas. In fact, this is a whole other blog in itself. Suffice to say, one week later, still haven't found a car, ended up calling Michigan to try and buy the car up there, and since we still own a home there, its all perfectly legal for me to do this, and then transfer the plates when I get back down here to Arkansas. My point is, all I keep hearing about is, taxes here, taxes there, bottom line, lets add another $100 payment to have you own a vehicle in Arkansas. NOW....you all know my track record with living in one place for too long, so now I have to sacrifice my hard earned dollar and give allegiance to ARKANSAS for the next 5 YEARS? yea, I don't think so.....Back to Michigan we go, and in 2 hours I was able to get the deal I wanted on the car I wanted, OVER THE PHONE, and when I explained this to my dealers here in AR, I got a big fat....then go for it!!!!

Again, this is all a blog for another day.

So, next time, I shall give you the overhaul year in review like I have done in the past, but for now, let's just say. WELCOME BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment