Friday, January 28, 2011

Tomorrow celebrates the day of my birth...

Mike thinks it quite pompous that I brag to everyone two days in advance that's its my birth-day...but I say, I have 264 friends on face book, and they are all my friends for a reason, so they all just need a little reminding....I mean really...if you have these people on your face book page and they can't even wish you a happy birthday, then why are they even on your FB page at all? I try really hard to wish all my friends a happy birthday. I know some fall through the cracks now and then, but if I see someone is having a birthday, and I know they are on my friend list, I feel it is my friend honor code to wish them a happy birthday!

I mean this is the day in age where no one sends birthday cards anymore, and if they do, its a very rare thing. I personally love getting snail mail. I love opening my mailbox to see if anything has come for me unexpected. Its just part of life's sweet unexpected pleasures. Esp. when you receive a good old fashion note or card from someone either just because, or perhaps for an occasion.

I know the idea of "going green", but the personal element of touch and sentiment is still nice when you have a handwritten note from the heart. It makes me think of my grandmother who always told me that notes were the best way to say thank you to someone or to let them know you care. I miss her so much!

Think I might write a note to her and just keep it in my lock box of letters, and hope that one day she may look down from heaven and be able to know I was still thinking of her....

So I am quite upset with my husband for voicing my age on his blog.....thanks bud...

Don't you know a lady NEVER discloses her age?

Then I looked at his blog number and realized, crap, he's got more followers than me and I've been doing this a lot longer...here comes the healthy competition I always talk about....(just to add a side note about numbers....)

Then I take a step back and realize non of this is really what I want to say, I'm just tapped out of emotion because it's my last day on this, Friday night of January 28th, 2011, in which I am officially ending my path with early 30's and coming into my mid 30 range. It's my last year when they ask you the next age bracket on the age range questions? 33-4? I am no longer lumped with the 20 something year olds, which means, I guess I am officially an adult!

I just wish someone gave me a memo sooner, I would've taken appropriate action here, gone out, gotten wasted for the last time....LOL, who am I kidding, 2 glasses of wine and I am three sheets to the wind, and that's if I've eaten, then it's bed time for me, usually by 10pm, the party animal in me just can't compete anymore....

Alright, I'm out...at this point it's just endless blah,blah,blah,blah.....

oh, and Happy Birthday birthday to me....full intentions of a pedicure/waxing and shopping before hitting up the Melting Pot tomorrow...yup, my Birth-DAY will be all about ME!!!

until it's not.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment