Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day3 of Snow day

Ok, its been 3 days of having a snow day. we had an Arkansas Blizzard. about 6 inches and 2 inches of ice. The roads are pretty bad, only because they don't do anything. They sand the roads. This is our second year here and so far it's been pretty bad, and at this point I feel we need to tell someone in politics you need to buy a salt truck and Salt the roads!

I mean, just because it snows, does not mean we need to call a snow day for three days in a row! Just because the town is lazy or have lack of funds and can't have trucks to plow the roads. I mean in trying drive, it's crazy, it's like driving on snow packed roads, literally! Some are plowed, some are snow plowed, and some are just nasty!

Mike went to Amarillo, I neglected to find out he was out of town overnight, I thought he was coming back tonight, yesterday I watched my neighbors kid so it was 3 kids all day. Today, we all met at Chuck E. Cheese. We laughed because in an effort to try and keep these kids busy on dime, it ended up costing us all a small fortune! How is this possible? The whole town has shut down except for three places and these three places are making out like bandits!

I want to invest in a child's play place! This is in fact a money maker. Speaking of which...I have been contemplating opening a restaurant or my performing Arts school, right now, its leaning towards the school. My friend is a fantastic baker, I am trying to figure out how to incorporate how to make drama and croissants work together. The best money maker here, is the following.... A Performing Arts school with a cafe!

So this is my new endeavor. I don't know if it will work, but I am looking in to it, and I will keep you all up to date. I also need a new car, so that is still up for grabs. and we still need a down payment, so that requires some money.

Ok, lastly, I got an application for this pageant for Mrs. Arkansas, its a pageant, that specializes in women that are married with kids, and beautiful, etc. rooting for a charity, and I need to find a charity to sponsor me. The deadline is in two weeks, and I have a photo shoot in a couple of weeks also. But of course I feel because I have gained weight I don't feel so pretty and pageant like! So, all these things are not working for me right now.

I still have my show that I am in, which is wonderful, and I am really happy about, and I interviewed for a job for a church which I am probably turning down do to conflict of interest, so needless to say, I am at a crossroads right now in my life about many things but am feeling optimistic that things really are looking up!

On a positive note, I finally got my business cards and filers in the mail for my Talent company and an email for to start some group lessons, so I feel things are working in my favor.

This week, Has been going good because I have been hanging out with some great friends even though the kids have been home all week, we have been sticking together, and its been fun, so I haven't minded too much! But I am looking forward to Mike being home and possibly a nice warm bath this weekend!

All in all, I just wish Arkansas would get it together and find some salt trucks so we didn't have to drag out the snow days to have the kids home EVERY TIME it snowed!!!!!

Ok, I'm done.....

No comments:

Post a Comment