Saturday, January 15, 2011

Chuck E. Cheese and a Date with my son....

The day started off this morning with my husband and I separating the kids for some quality bonding experience.

This can either go one of two ways, REALLY GOOD, or REALLY BAD!

Mike had it planned out for Landon to go with him to the basketball ball game but Landon seemed like he needed some "mommy" time, so he requested to stay with me today. I was cool with that....

He said..."Mommy, you promised to teach me piano", (I did), and you promised to take me to Chuck E. Cheese, (again, I did). This kid has an impeccable memory.

You see, for Christmas my mom got him this job chart, because at school he was given "jobs" like the to tell the weather, and he loved it so much, I thought it would be a great way for him to start learning responsibility around the house. It's worked to a default. Nothing works short of bribery when it comes to a 5 year old. Each week we pick out his jobs for the the week, things he can handle on a daily basis, and yes, brushing his teeth and making his bed, are one of those jobs! Hey, we said baby steps here.....at the end of the week, if he has finished his "jobs", he is rewarded with $5 spending money at Fastlane. (an upgraded version of Chuck E. Cheese ~ with go- karts, laser tag, bowling...)

Although today he realised he still had about $20 in tokens left from his birthday last year from Chuck E. Cheese, so he asked to go there instead.... (after our lesson of course), smart kid, I got duped here!

Up the stairs to the music room/office we go....the kid is a natural, he found all the C's, and was able to play Mary had a little lamb....sort of.....So Monday I think he's ready for me to buy him his first lesson book! I am so excited! I never wanted to push it on my kids, and the fact that he has been asking me to teach him is like a dream....

So we get to C.E.C, it's just us and about three other kids for the first HOUR....and as you may have noted with my status updates, I pose this question....

...is it so ethically wrong that in the morning, when they turn on the machines, all these tickets pop out, clearly no one is going for the tickets, and three kids have walked by and didn't notice them, so I took 'em, I mean, what else is a mom to do, let them go to waste?

It's now lunch time and I call Mike to see if he wants to meet up but Landon just wants to eat pizza and the cheese off the salad bar, so we do, and he does. I hate to admit that it's one of the best salad bars I've seen in this area...which isn't sayin' much...but I was happy to oblige. Landon is sitting so great waiting for his pizza, I compliment him on how well he's done, when Chuck comes out and his cute little assistant screams, "who wants free tickets, follow me", so we follow...again, FREE!!! I mean c'mon, I just spent $17 for a personal pan pizza and a salad!

So Landon joins the group, and the girl tries to show the kids how to do the Cupid shuffle, and they are all just standing there looking at her...well...duh...Chuck E. is doing it great, and Landon leans over and whispers to the girl, and I ask her what he said..."Should I just watch you, or follow you"....I'm not sure of her answer because Landon then just sat and clapped his hands and watched her shake her little 15 year old booty.....THAT'S MY BOY!!!! I'm sure my husband would have been saying....I on the other hand was having a heart break..... he's growing up to fast.

So they throw up the tickets in the air and the kids are just standing there, um...maybe someone should have told them it was OK to grab them....they finally do, Landon got an extra 13...he tells the girl..."Thanks for Dancing!" I swear, I can't make up what comes out of this kids mouth....

We sit back down and pizza comes, he scarf's it down, I am amazed, as I am sitting in disbelief at the middle aged father in the next booth holding his 2 year old daughter, rockin' out and singing to Miley Cyrus..."Party in the USA". Do I really need to explain this one?....!

OK, maybe he wants to share some of her Salvia on the next round too...Sorry, distasteful, but couldn't resist....the whole image in my head was distasteful....

MOVING ON.....I proceed to reward Landon with another $5 in coins, partially because I am at an uneven number of tickets and I really want to get over 200, he just wants to play in the slide area, so I proceed to try and win another 50 tickets by myself...now whose the weirdo!

All eyes on me!

We move to the mall, I find a dress for my niece whose winter formal is in a couple of weeks and she asked me to help her find a dress. One of the many things I miss about being so far away from my girls. She had her eyes on a dress of mine, but it was a little to "old" for her, plus the fact that I wasn't 100% keen on lending a $300 dress out to 15 year old for the evening, LOVE HER, but don't really trust it will come back in one piece. SO, BCBG makes a cheaper version of the same dress and it's got a slightly different bottom that I think is more age appropriate, so I went and got it for her today. Except it doesn't fit me, but I know it will fit her, she hasn't been sitting on her "bottom" for two weeks feeling sorry for herself because she gave up an addiction!

Despite the fact that Landon is pulled through the store and racks of dresses, he's still acting like a champ, I give him a toy to pick out to play with and and option for Zachary, which track suit to buy, he holds on to both of them and decides at the last minute which one he likes. The green Puma....

We get in the car and head home, Landon is passed out....it's now almost 3 and we have been out almost all day. I am amazed at how great he's been!

Head home, start dinner, I am excited...homemade spaghetti and meatballs...sauce included...I really outdid myself this time....we have no Parmesan cheese so I call the neighbor and borrow some from her...it's expired! I don't care, I eat it anyway, Mike opts out...so far I'm doing fine....

Cleaning up the kitchen I knock over the whole container of leftovers of spaghetti and meatballs. It's now all over the floor. It looks like a CSI Miami crime scene investigation is going on in my kitchen, only the body has been removed from the scene.

I want to scream, but I clean it up, then go in the bedroom and put on my workout video and dance out my aggression for the next 20 minutes!

Time for Landon to go to bed, Zachary's been sleeping, I think...Mike's watching football...and I am just trying to get through another night....

I don't want to replace my old addictions with a new one, but I am falling into a habit that if I don't CHANGE, then the desire is strong...the first week I avoided it by going to bed at like 7:30 every night, the second week I was car shopping..this week, I have been on my computer, surfing the social network...and ebaying!!!!

Anyway...that's all folks...a day in the life of city girl....wasn't much...but wait...I actually had fun...because regardless of where I was today...it was all about spending some quality time with my son, and that's what made today so GREAT! So bearable, that I could have been anywhere....






No comments:

Post a Comment