Thursday, January 20, 2011

SNOW DAY!!!

We got 3 inches. The entire city shut down. I mean, Mike told me, even Coca-Cola was closed today! Seriously? I cleaned the house yesterday from top to bottom, finally put all the Christmas decorations away...I know...only 18 days late, but hey this is a record for me, it was done before Valentine's day this year, so a pat on the back for me! Then I realized I should of waited until today, being shut in with nothing to do leads to only one thing...BAKING!..wait..no two things..surging the net...

and these are two VERY bad things....so back to eBay...bid on things I don't need, find a recipe, make some very tasteless sugar free brownies for the boys, throw in some spinach, banana's, oatmeal...I know, this all sounds very gross, but top it off with tootsie rolls and sprinkles and this 160 calorie brownie packed with fiber and veggies now becomes a luxurious treat the kids are eating all day long! I taste it...not SO bad...the tootsie rolls have melted to create a caramel layer on top, they spice up the dryness of the recipe since it's an egg white, sugarless, 2/3 cup wheat flour recipe....hey, when you are inside and baking...you require the need for some calorie cutting...and nutrition, so the kids are not bouncing off the walls... LITERALLY!

I put Zachary down for a nap and Landon and I work on his piano lesson. I am a beaming proud mother, teaching him his piano. He is picking it up so fast, but I see he has his time limit so I end it before he loses interest and we head downstairs to begin getting dressed to go outside. This will be at least an hour ordeal...

OK, so Landon wants to go outside to build a snowman....
I shovel the driveway, Landon and Zachary proceed to drive their bikes in the snow...get stuck...
they get their jeeps...get stuck...
they get their motorized trucks.....get stuck...
finally Landon sees some kids on a sleigh getting pulled cross country style down the road and asks me to pull them around the block...

Here comes my exercise for the day.. I am actually pretty excited about this....
By the fourth turn around the block, I am huffing, this looked easier in my head....not sure how I am going to make it the rest of the way. suddenly the sled is lighter...Zachary is face forward in the snow...Landon got up....

Landon takes the sleigh..Zachary is screaming..."I cold..I vet mama"...
Poor little guy...

Landon takes over for about three minutes before he gives up and says he's tired, "hold Zachary mom, he's too heavy," then a minute later, "just pull the sleigh and hold Zachary, I'm walking home!" Geesh...this kid, don't know where he ever gets this attitude from...LOL...definately not from me...LOL!

The California boy (Zachary has had enough), and The Michigan boy (Landon) are cold and want to take a rest....so....

Come home, finish the driveway, kids go inside, watch T.V, I clean up outside, come in, have a glass of wine...I mean it's almost 4pm at this point...decide about what to cook for dinner, clean up the inside before Mike gets home and realize, they canceled school tomorrow!

Wait...WHAT?!?

I mean really people....!!!!

It is at this moment I begin to shake my head,the boy's have now started screaming at each other, Zachary has broken the leg off the trampoline, the play room is trashed, I walk into my room and apparently they found the hidden box of Lego's which are now scattered all over the floor, Landon has dumped out the toy box and immersed himself in it.
I pour myself another glass of wine and think about how to plan out another fun filled day for tomorrow...maybe we can get that snowman built tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment