Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dress Rehearsal for life...

So before I start on what I really have to say, I have to get off my chest what has gone on for the last five minutes before I actually sat down to write this blog.....

I read my husbands blog...apparantly...in this house are three boxes of girl scout cookies.... now we all know my mishap with the attempted girl scout cookies on Friday, so to ACTUALLY have Girl Scout Samoas in this house right now....Ugh! Argh! GROWL!!!!

These are not sounds of madness because I don't want them in my house, I am not Betty Freaking' Crocker, or Martha Stewart in competition for who makes the best bakery items, I WANT THE DAMN GIRL SCOUT COOKIES.....

No, I don't know if I am more pissed at my hubby for not telling me he bought them today, esp. my favorite...the thin mints...

....The fact that I can't find the damn things, now that I know they are here....

Or all of the above as I am frantically looking through every cupboard, and part of the fridge, freezer, and cabinet, on the hunt to find them....

No happy ending here folks....I resort to my homemade ones, because my mouth is drooling like a fox seeing a bunny!

It serves its purpose enough to distract me enough to come and sit down and start writing....

For the DRESS REHEARSAL....

'Hosted

LOL...this isn't real. It's just a picture from one of those sites. I wish it were, as one of my friends is about to have her picture splashed all over Time square right now.

Have you ever had that moment when you said, if it happens for someone close to me, I will never get jealous, I will never let it affect me? "I will never".... well, I only got to the part of it...

So, this is all suffice to say, there is NO jealousy here, I am from the bottom of my heart happy and have planned on booking my tickets for opening weekend in support, so this is not about her fame and fortune, rather, my lack of commitment to anything solid....ok...

See, I was truly happy when her fame literally "hit the news".....I mean, I even got spammed with the news of this persons "arrival"... it doesn't get bigger then that...and I am so happy, because this person has been living this dream, and making it happen for a long time!

But I think back to the days when we were doing those fantasies together, and how we spilt apart, I chose a family, and to follow after my husbands career, the other chose a career.

Ok, so fast forward, and I am in a rehearsal for my own play, "community theatre", and today I am just having a horrible day. I come in and promise...no bitching today...



I try to imagine myself in a theatre on Broadway, and what it would be like there, right now, where my FRIEND is, we are simultaneously working, but on VERY different levels. Then I have to say to myself, maybe it goes back to my last blog, maybe it's just me, maybe I find sabotage in everything I do. I said I wasn't going to complain..and yet here I am....


So, here's my conclusion, I am going to sing my heart out, attend the rehearsals, do the best that I can, and when I close my eyes on stage, to do my bit lead role, I will imagine I am at the Shubert, making my own debut! And I will hear the applause and multiply times 100. Because, that's what I do, I am an actress, my world is my stage, and today is my dress rehearsal for the the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment