Monday, April 25, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah

Yup, Another day where one of those blogs means nothing.

My husband thinks I don't read his blog, I do, I catch up, he also doesn't realize I live in his world, so what he writes about, I pretty much live! So let's see my point of view...He's got 2160 followers, I have a merely 900, pails in comparison I know, I suck, but maybe because I'm just a stay a home mom and he's just this big-wig executive with almost 500 FB friends and I barely top out out at 200. I realize again this is not a popularity contest, just an outlet to a means of communication to my humdrum life!

~ Easter: Went nicely: had friends over, kids did an Easter egg hunt from the "Easter Bunny", inside the house as it was raining outside! Landon got his hand stuck in a door due to a game of "hide and go seek", nothings broken! THANK GOD!!!


~ It's been raining for 3 days, had a tornado scare on Friday..talk about nerves unending...Landon sat in the closet and said "I think I'm gonna start crying" as the tears were streaming down his face! My heart was breaking as I calmly tried to comfort him and let him know it was going to be ok! Deep down inside, I had no idea, I was so scared myself! My heart was fluttering!

~ I am not fond of living here, these storms are crazy, being glued to the television in the hopes that this storm won't turn into a tornado, I mean how do people live like this? I would take Florida and their Hurricanes ANY DAY! At least we had a day worth of preparation, it was the same amount of time spent in a safe room, but at least we knew when the eye of the storm was hitting and when it was gone...HERE it just COMES and GOES whenever the atmosphere changes, its frustrating and very scary!!!!!!

~We got up this morning and got ready for school despite the storms, I was determined on getting to the gym, so, we are getting to the car, and Landon says, "I am so tired, and my arm hurts",..."Oh Brother", so we spend the next 10 minutes negotiating as to the pros and cons of him going to school with a sprained hand and what will happen if he gets tired and sick and so he decided it is better, "he stays home to rest like the doctor told him"! Smart Kid!!!

We spend the rest of the day coloring, playing trouble and Candy Land, and watching movies, and it turned out to be a great day!

~I found out my "Soaps" got canceled! I know this means nothing to most of you, but to me, this means the world! It's like the end of my life! I remember my mom taping episodes of these soaps and then my grandmother NEVER missing a DAY of these soap operas! and to know now they are going off the air is like...well...my grandmother past away in 2007, and my sister and mom boycotted these soaps, but I kept watching because it was our "thing". She would get Soap Opera digest for us and pass it through my sister and I to make sure we were current! Now to know there will be no more soaps,, no more Soap Opera Digest! I mean, seriously, whats a stay at home mom to do??!!??!!! DVR the FOOD NETWORK? I am feeling all sorts of loss all over again! :>(

So, I will leave you with these parting words, shame on ABC!!! LOL!!!
I guess its General Hospital and the "mock mob" show for now!
B-O-R-I_N_G!!!!!

Ok, that's all I got for now...

Over and out....

Except that I DVR'd "Chuck" and I love that show, and since the kids are sleeping and Landon is going to school tomorrow, and I can actually make it back to the gym and get back to a routine, I think tonight will be my last lazy night with no excuse......!!!! :)>

Ok, seriously..over and out!!!!

...and like I said...this was seriously, blah blah blah, just like our storm filled rainy day today... just random thoughts from a mom who spent the whole day with kids today! LOL!!!!!!!

Good Night World!

No comments:

Post a Comment